Now I have dirty farm fingernails, not that it is unusual. I'm sure you noticed in the picture. It incredibly hard to keep nice looking fingernails when you live on a farm. I have taken to cutting them down to the nub every 3 days and painting them every once a month if I feel like it. I used to have nice, long, white fingernails... HA. So much for that.
A few things I have learned about farming would be...
1. You will never have nice fingernails.
2. You have to have bled at least once a day or you just don't get it.
3. You have to risk your life to haul a bucket of water over a cattle panel.
4. You will realize wether you are a true weakling or not.
5. You will step in a pile of sheep poop in your HOUSE... at least once in your life.
Just a few. But, it's fun. :)
Onto our next subject.
Holly, my French Lop doe, will be kindling here in the next week. She will be a third timer. Hoping and expecting things to go just fine, since she has always been a good mother. But, you just NEVER know when it comes to raising rabbits. She is not tame, although I am going to have to pick up all kicking, scratching, biting twelve pounds of her here in the next few days. Why? Because she will be a resident in the nearby bathroom for a few months. Again, why? Because it is so dang hot!
Excepting rabbit reservations once again. Please contact me by e-mailing email@example.com. Thanks!
Fare Well everyone,